Apple Mac Pro for (RED)
Jony Ive’s approach to fixing one of the world’s most noteworthy ills: paint everything red. Well, that’s oversimplifying the man’s major recent charitable endeavors, but the single Mac Pro for (RED) (est. $40,000-$60,000+) isn’t the first piece in the collaboration between Ive and Marc Newson to get a new coat for charity. It’ll be auctioned off by Sotheby’s on November 23, 2013 to support the PRODUCT (RED) campaign.
Other than the red color, this Mac Pro seems to be exactly the same as the upcoming tower. There’s no word on what the internal specs are, but it’ll hopefully be at least an 8- or 12-core system. Even if it ends up being a show piece, it should be a powerful one for that price; no word yet on whether the lucky bidder will take delivery of it before the Mac Pro officially hits the rest of the world in December.
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?