Apple Mac Pro for (RED)
Jony Ive’s approach to fixing one of the world’s most noteworthy ills: paint everything red. Well, that’s oversimplifying the man’s major recent charitable endeavors, but the single Mac Pro for (RED) (est. $40,000-$60,000+) isn’t the first piece in the collaboration between Ive and Marc Newson to get a new coat for charity. It’ll be auctioned off by Sotheby’s on November 23, 2013 to support the PRODUCT (RED) campaign.
Other than the red color, this Mac Pro seems to be exactly the same as the upcoming tower. There’s no word on what the internal specs are, but it’ll hopefully be at least an 8- or 12-core system. Even if it ends up being a show piece, it should be a powerful one for that price; no word yet on whether the lucky bidder will take delivery of it before the Mac Pro officially hits the rest of the world in December.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015