Apple Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
There’s not much to say about the 2012 flavor of the Mac Pro ($2499+): sure, Apple updated its powerhouse, but with such modest spec bumps that one has to wonder why they even bothered. This is the company’s most professional, heavy-duty machine, yet it didn’t even get a Thunderbolt port of its own. Is this box going to go the way of the iPod classic, just kind of existing with no real love from Apple?
Apple is offering two standard models of the computer in their store, as well as a server edition. $2499 gets you a single 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor, 6GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics processor with 1GB of RAM. Pay a hefty $1300 more and the processor is updated to a pair of 2.4GHz 6-Core CPUs and double the RAM. Of course this is Apple’s most customizable machine, and it’s easy to customize the specs to a price point above $10,000 if you want. But at this point, it’s clear that the Mac Pro isn’t a major priority for Apple any longer, and probably not worth the investment unless you’re really desperate for something with internal expandability.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?