Apple Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
There’s not much to say about the 2012 flavor of the Mac Pro ($2499+): sure, Apple updated its powerhouse, but with such modest spec bumps that one has to wonder why they even bothered. This is the company’s most professional, heavy-duty machine, yet it didn’t even get a Thunderbolt port of its own. Is this box going to go the way of the iPod classic, just kind of existing with no real love from Apple?
Apple is offering two standard models of the computer in their store, as well as a server edition. $2499 gets you a single 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor, 6GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics processor with 1GB of RAM. Pay a hefty $1300 more and the processor is updated to a pair of 2.4GHz 6-Core CPUs and double the RAM. Of course this is Apple’s most customizable machine, and it’s easy to customize the specs to a price point above $10,000 if you want. But at this point, it’s clear that the Mac Pro isn’t a major priority for Apple any longer, and probably not worth the investment unless you’re really desperate for something with internal expandability.
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- New Apple TV expected to debut at WWDC with App Store
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Device able to access iOS 8.1 through brute-force attack
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iBattz Refuel Invictus for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?