Apple Mac Pro Security Lock Adapter
It appears Apple realizes that putting $3,000+ of supercomputer into a cylinder that can easily be lifted with one hand may pose some problems, if the wrong people are around. For the first time we can recall, it’s introduced a physical security accessory, the Mac Pro Security Lock Adapter ($49). Much like Maclocks’ version, it helps secure the newest Mac Pro, adding an attachment point for Kensington-style locks.
The adapter doesn’t actually come with the lock and cable. Rather, it’s just a metal piece that clamps onto the computer’s outer shell, just below the power cord. When attached, it not only gives you a way to keep the Mac Pro in place, but it also ensures no one can open the computer up to nab the hardware inside. Depending where you’re going to be using the tower, it seems like a pretty good investment to us.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?