Apple MacBook Pro (Mid 2012)
Apple updated its 13” and 15” MacBook Pro ($1199-$1499) family with modest spec bumps at this year’s WWDC. If an optical drive is still important to you, the new chips inside make these guys worth checking out, and the price points have stayed the same across the line. New to these guys and Macs in general is USB 3, though Apple’s latest screen innovations remain locked into the more expensive 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple is offering two standard configurations of each 13” and 15” model in its online and retail stores, with the usual options to customize. The base 13” model comes with a 2.5GHz quad-core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, a new nVIDIA graphics processor, and a 500GB hard drive—that’s right, SSD isn’t standard yet. For $300 more you get a faster processor, double the RAM, and 250GB more storage space. As for the 15” model, it now ships with a 2.3GHz or 2.6GHz quad-core i7, and has up to 1GB of graphics memory. The Air and new MacBook Pro with Retina display both have more appeal to us, but at least customers have some nice new options.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015