Apple MacBook Pro (Mid 2012)
Apple updated its 13” and 15” MacBook Pro ($1199-$1499) family with modest spec bumps at this year’s WWDC. If an optical drive is still important to you, the new chips inside make these guys worth checking out, and the price points have stayed the same across the line. New to these guys and Macs in general is USB 3, though Apple’s latest screen innovations remain locked into the more expensive 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple is offering two standard configurations of each 13” and 15” model in its online and retail stores, with the usual options to customize. The base 13” model comes with a 2.5GHz quad-core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, a new nVIDIA graphics processor, and a 500GB hard drive—that’s right, SSD isn’t standard yet. For $300 more you get a faster processor, double the RAM, and 250GB more storage space. As for the 15” model, it now ships with a 2.3GHz or 2.6GHz quad-core i7, and has up to 1GB of graphics memory. The Air and new MacBook Pro with Retina display both have more appeal to us, but at least customers have some nice new options.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?