Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013)
Announced via a short press release, Apple modestly updated its high resolution laptops today, unveiling new versions of the 13” and 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013) ($1499-$2799). Two hundred bucks have been slashed off the price of the base model, while the higher-end 13” and both 15” versions got modest spec bumps. It may not be much—and the prices may still be super high—but better is better.
While the formerly $1,699 2.5GHz 13” model remained the same in specs as before, it dropped in price to $1,499, while the step-up model’s processor went from 2.5GHz to 2.6GHz and received a $300 price drop. As for the 15” laptops, they also each got a 100MHz bump, and the higher end 2.7GHz model now packs 16GB of RAM. It looks like it might be a little while before Retina display-equipped machines become Apple’s only MacBook Pro models, but this is the first sign that they’re moving in that direction.
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks privacy to NPR
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?