Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013)
Announced via a short press release, Apple modestly updated its high resolution laptops today, unveiling new versions of the 13” and 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013) ($1499-$2799). Two hundred bucks have been slashed off the price of the base model, while the higher-end 13” and both 15” versions got modest spec bumps. It may not be much—and the prices may still be super high—but better is better.
While the formerly $1,699 2.5GHz 13” model remained the same in specs as before, it dropped in price to $1,499, while the step-up model’s processor went from 2.5GHz to 2.6GHz and received a $300 price drop. As for the 15” laptops, they also each got a 100MHz bump, and the higher end 2.7GHz model now packs 16GB of RAM. It looks like it might be a little while before Retina display-equipped machines become Apple’s only MacBook Pro models, but this is the first sign that they’re moving in that direction.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?