Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013)
Announced via a short press release, Apple modestly updated its high resolution laptops today, unveiling new versions of the 13” and 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013) ($1499-$2799). Two hundred bucks have been slashed off the price of the base model, while the higher-end 13” and both 15” versions got modest spec bumps. It may not be much—and the prices may still be super high—but better is better.
While the formerly $1,699 2.5GHz 13” model remained the same in specs as before, it dropped in price to $1,499, while the step-up model’s processor went from 2.5GHz to 2.6GHz and received a $300 price drop. As for the 15” laptops, they also each got a 100MHz bump, and the higher end 2.7GHz model now packs 16GB of RAM. It looks like it might be a little while before Retina display-equipped machines become Apple’s only MacBook Pro models, but this is the first sign that they’re moving in that direction.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015