Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013)
Announced via a short press release, Apple modestly updated its high resolution laptops today, unveiling new versions of the 13” and 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013) ($1499-$2799). Two hundred bucks have been slashed off the price of the base model, while the higher-end 13” and both 15” versions got modest spec bumps. It may not be much—and the prices may still be super high—but better is better.
While the formerly $1,699 2.5GHz 13” model remained the same in specs as before, it dropped in price to $1,499, while the step-up model’s processor went from 2.5GHz to 2.6GHz and received a $300 price drop. As for the 15” laptops, they also each got a 100MHz bump, and the higher end 2.7GHz model now packs 16GB of RAM. It looks like it might be a little while before Retina display-equipped machines become Apple’s only MacBook Pro models, but this is the first sign that they’re moving in that direction.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today