Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013)
Announced via a short press release, Apple modestly updated its high resolution laptops today, unveiling new versions of the 13” and 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display (Early 2013) ($1499-$2799). Two hundred bucks have been slashed off the price of the base model, while the higher-end 13” and both 15” versions got modest spec bumps. It may not be much—and the prices may still be super high—but better is better.
While the formerly $1,699 2.5GHz 13” model remained the same in specs as before, it dropped in price to $1,499, while the step-up model’s processor went from 2.5GHz to 2.6GHz and received a $300 price drop. As for the 15” laptops, they also each got a 100MHz bump, and the higher end 2.7GHz model now packs 16GB of RAM. It looks like it might be a little while before Retina display-equipped machines become Apple’s only MacBook Pro models, but this is the first sign that they’re moving in that direction.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?