Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Mid 2014)
If you were waiting for later in the back-to-school season to buy a Mac, that patience has paid off — as long as you’re in the market for a MacBook Pro. As expected, Apple refreshed its MacBook Pro with Retina display ($1,299-$2,499+) this morning. The bumps are modest, but they come without a price increase. In fact, there are even some minor price cuts in the mix.
The 13” MacBook Pro now starts with a 2.6GHz i5 chip, capable of Turbo Boost speeds of up to 3.1GHz. Going up to the high-end model, you can get a 2.8GHz chip, or custom order for a 3.0GHz processor. All the 13” models come with 8GB of RAM standard, upgradeable to 16GB. The three steps have 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB of SSD storage space, respectively. As for the two standard 15” models, they’re differentiated by their processor speeds—2.2GHz or 2.5GHz i7. The base model has a a 256GB SSD, while the high-end Mac has twice that, plus a dedicated graphics card. If the traditional, non-Retina Pro is more your speed, it’s actually still around, and just got a price cut of $100. You might want to snap that one up, as it might not be on shelves too much longer.
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?