Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Mid 2014)
If you were waiting for later in the back-to-school season to buy a Mac, that patience has paid off — as long as you’re in the market for a MacBook Pro. As expected, Apple refreshed its MacBook Pro with Retina display ($1,299-$2,499+) this morning. The bumps are modest, but they come without a price increase. In fact, there are even some minor price cuts in the mix.
The 13” MacBook Pro now starts with a 2.6GHz i5 chip, capable of Turbo Boost speeds of up to 3.1GHz. Going up to the high-end model, you can get a 2.8GHz chip, or custom order for a 3.0GHz processor. All the 13” models come with 8GB of RAM standard, upgradeable to 16GB. The three steps have 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB of SSD storage space, respectively. As for the two standard 15” models, they’re differentiated by their processor speeds—2.2GHz or 2.5GHz i7. The base model has a a 256GB SSD, while the high-end Mac has twice that, plus a dedicated graphics card. If the traditional, non-Retina Pro is more your speed, it’s actually still around, and just got a price cut of $100. You might want to snap that one up, as it might not be on shelves too much longer.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?