Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display (Mid 2014)
If you were waiting for later in the back-to-school season to buy a Mac, that patience has paid off — as long as you’re in the market for a MacBook Pro. As expected, Apple refreshed its MacBook Pro with Retina display ($1,299-$2,499+) this morning. The bumps are modest, but they come without a price increase. In fact, there are even some minor price cuts in the mix.
The 13” MacBook Pro now starts with a 2.6GHz i5 chip, capable of Turbo Boost speeds of up to 3.1GHz. Going up to the high-end model, you can get a 2.8GHz chip, or custom order for a 3.0GHz processor. All the 13” models come with 8GB of RAM standard, upgradeable to 16GB. The three steps have 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB of SSD storage space, respectively. As for the two standard 15” models, they’re differentiated by their processor speeds—2.2GHz or 2.5GHz i7. The base model has a a 256GB SSD, while the high-end Mac has twice that, plus a dedicated graphics card. If the traditional, non-Retina Pro is more your speed, it’s actually still around, and just got a price cut of $100. You might want to snap that one up, as it might not be on shelves too much longer.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?