Apple MagSafe 2 Power Adapter + MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
There’s only so much Apple can do to slim down its laptops at this point, and cutting the height of its power connector is the most recent trick it’s using to shave off millimeters. Today saw the introduction of the MagSafe 2 connector on both 45W and 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapters ($79 each)—the former is for the new MacBook Air, the latter the MacBook Pro with Retina display. In addition, it brought out the MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter ($10), a welcome accessory for those with older adapters for displays.
Surprisingly, Apple chose to go back to the T-shaped plug that had more than its share of fraying issues in years past—we’re hoping we don’t see a resurgence of those. Otherwise, the adapter looks exactly the same as previous generation models. One end is a white box that plugs into the wall, while the other is the magnetic connector, simply thinner than the one from before. The converter means that users won’t have to repurchase a new monitor or wall adapter; instead, just cap the plug and get to work.
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?