Apple OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update
The biggest news of the day may be the release of iOS 5 for iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches, but there’s updating fun to be had on your Mac today, too. Having been in beta alongside iOS, Apple has released OS X Lion 10.7.2 (Free). This pretty major update brings the company’s iCloud synchronization service and related goodness to your machine.
10.7.2 features three main new components. The first is iCloud syncing, replacing many of the features that MobileMe offered and adding Safari Reading List syncing across devices. Also new is Find My Mac—just like Find My iPhone, but for your computer. This feature allows you to locate, lock, and wipe your Mac if it’s lost or stolen. Apple also lists Back to My Mac as one of the bullet points; the differences aren’t yet obvious.
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?