Apple OS X Server
Apple calls OS X Server ($20) “The Server for everyone.” At such a low cost—and especially compared to the $499 price tag of Snow Leopard Server—it’s a pretty easy purchase. The Mountain Lion add-on is designed to be a really easy, point and click solution; some power users say it’s too simplistic. But for those running a small business or needing a home server, it’s definitely worth consideration.
OS X Server is made to easily share files, calendars, contacts, messages, and more with multiple users over various devices. It can also be used to host a website, setup other Macs, iPhones, and iPads, and backup multiple computers using Time Machine. Best of all it looks just like Mountain Lion, so it’s relatively easy to jump in to. Of course if you want a machine already setup for OS X Server, Apple sells a server edition of the Mac mini for $999, and the Mac Pro for $2,999.
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?