Apple Thunderbolt Cable
Four months have passed since Intel introduced Thunderbolt high-speed interconnect technology, and today, Apple finally released the first Thunderbolt Cable ($49) to take advantage of it. We knew Thunderbolt devices were going to start popping up in stores soon, and the fact that this cable’s now hitting the shelves is a sign of what’s to come. The six-foot (two-meter), male-to-male cord is the first real accessory of any kind to support the 10Gbit/s transfer medium. So just what do you get for plopping down nearly fifty bucks on a cable?
Well, you can hook up Thunderbolt accessories such as Promise’s Pegasus RAID Storage systems—they start at $999. In addition, the cable can be used for Target Disk Mode between two Thunderbolt-equipped Macs, and to turn an iMac into a display for laptops including the new MacBook Pro and the yet-to-be-announced-but-surely-coming-soon MacBook Air. Expect the number of Thunderbolt accessories to start ramping up from here, and for the price premiums to be significant… until the folks at Monoprice start working their magic, that is.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?