Apple Thunderbolt Cable
Four months have passed since Intel introduced Thunderbolt high-speed interconnect technology, and today, Apple finally released the first Thunderbolt Cable ($49) to take advantage of it. We knew Thunderbolt devices were going to start popping up in stores soon, and the fact that this cable’s now hitting the shelves is a sign of what’s to come. The six-foot (two-meter), male-to-male cord is the first real accessory of any kind to support the 10Gbit/s transfer medium. So just what do you get for plopping down nearly fifty bucks on a cable?
Well, you can hook up Thunderbolt accessories such as Promise’s Pegasus RAID Storage systems—they start at $999. In addition, the cable can be used for Target Disk Mode between two Thunderbolt-equipped Macs, and to turn an iMac into a display for laptops including the new MacBook Pro and the yet-to-be-announced-but-surely-coming-soon MacBook Air. Expect the number of Thunderbolt accessories to start ramping up from here, and for the price premiums to be significant… until the folks at Monoprice start working their magic, that is.
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple announces WWDC for June 8-12
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?