Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
It looks the same as the now-discontinued LED Cinema Display, but Apple’s brand-new Thunderbolt Display (27-inch) ($999) has a whole new set of tricks up its sleeve. Rocking the same huge, beautiful screen as its predecessor, it’s the perfect desktop enhancement for your MacBook, especially the MacBook Air. The under-the-hood changes bring it up to speed with the latest Mac computers, too.
In addition to the I/O features found on the previous model—integrated speakers and three USB ports—Apple has added a few new goodies. Now there’s a FireWire 800 port, and an Ethernet port—two features that are perfect for Air users—next to a brand-new Thunderbolt port. This means you can daisy-chain multiple displays or devices to a 15- or 17-inch MacBook Pro. The FaceTime camera has been updated too, now with HD (720p) resolution. We liked the prior version’s cord, and now it’s even simpler: one cable splits off with a Magsafe Power Adapter, and a second is for Thunderbolt and all of the other I/O connections—there’s no need for a separate USB connector any more. It’s another step in the right direction.
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- iPad Air 3 case photos reveal Smart Connector support, four speakers
- Apple building team for secret virtual reality project
- Report: Apple aiming to unveil original, exclusive TV programming by September
- Wells Fargo, Bank of America ATMs to support Apple Pay?
- Report: Apple working on iPhone model with wireless charging
- Apple acquires LearnSprout, an educational software startup
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Zagg Messenger Universal Keyboard
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC40BT QuietPoint Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Keys Mini
- Noke Bluetooth Padlock
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!