Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet + FireWire 800 Adapters
After a slow, expensive start, Thunderbolt might finally be picking up some steam. Apple doubled its line of accessories that take advantage of the high speed accessory at today’s WWDC keynote: joining the ranks of the Thunderbolt Cable and Thunderbolt Display are the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter ($29) and Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 Adapter ($30).
Apart from the Ethernet and FireWire adapters’ designation as the cheapest Thunderbolt accessories yet—they’re both $20 less than a double-ended Thunderbolt cable—there’s not too much else going on with either model. One end has a standard Thunderbolt plug, while the other has the Ethernet or FireWire 800 port. Clearly, these are geared towards MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina display users, as neither machine has those ports, and legacy accessories can now be connected to the new computers. Both adapters are now available directly from Apple.
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?