Aspyr Media Bioshock Infinite
Bioshock Infinite ($40) is one of the most highly regarded video games of the year, and has finally found its way to the Mac thanks to Aspyr Media. Six months after it was launched for consoles and PCs, it can now be downloaded through the Mac App Store, among other outlets. It’s the third game in the Bioshock series, though not a direct sequel to the first or second games.
Set in the flying city of Columbia in 1912, Infinite puts you in control of Booker DeWitt, a U.S. Cavalry veteran. You’re tasked with rescuing the mysterious Elizabeth, and keeping her safe as you battle enemies that include a murderous, robotic likeness of George Washington. Not only do you have access to traditional weapons such as guns, but there are psychokinetic abilities to be unlocked. As expected from the Bioshock series, it has fantastic, steampunk-influenced graphics and plenty of narrative content; just be aware that it requires 30GB of free disk space on a machine with at least 2.2GHz of CPU power and one of a handful of relatively recent Nvidia or ATI graphics cards. Intel’s HD Graphics 4000 is the only integrated GPU solution supported.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015