Concerned about safety on your Mac? Worried someone might break in when you step away? That’s exactly the issue Atama’s Sesame ($40) is made to address. A small fob, Sesame uses Bluetooth 4.0 to automatically lock and unlock your Mac, all based on proximity. In an office setting, it could be a really valuable solution.
Sesame is designed to be worn on your person. A promo video suggests that it can be worn around your neck, which we wouldn’t do, but it would could well on a keychain or bag instead. When you walk away, the digital leash is broken, and your Mac will fall asleep. You can choose just how far away you’d like that distance to be. Then when you return, there are two options: Sesame can automatically wake your Mac up, or you can require a password before diving in and and getting back to work.
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Report: Apple gets 0.15 percent from each Apple Pay transaction
- Apple announces record 4M+ pre-orders for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple and U2 to work together on music innovation
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010