Atech Flash Technology iDuo2Go
Atech Flash Technology’s iDuo2Go ($25) falls squarely in the “two birds with one stone” category. It combines two separate accessories into one, eliminating the need to carry extra peripherals around. A USB 3.0 SD Card reader is melded together with a classic 30-pin Dock Connector, giving Mac users the ability to transfer SD card photos to their computers, or sync older iPods, iPhones, and iPads—but not to use the card reader with iOS devices.
The ideal customer for this product is an owner of a current generation, 11” MacBook Air who still carries around an older iPad, iPhone, or iPod. A switch on the side allows it to toggle between sync/charge mode for your Dock Connector device, and card reading capabilities. While the cord is thicker than a standard charging cable, we did notice increased transfer speeds compared to our standard card reader, even on a MacBook Air with USB 2.0. It’s a bit unusual, but for the price, a useful little accessory.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?