Atomic Attic Upcycled iMac Pet Bed
Apple’s newest iMacs may be incredibly thin, but there are some real advantages to the bulbous design of the original G3 models. For example, they can be repurposed into all sorts of cool things, many of which seem to be particularly well-suited for pets. We’ve already seen a Macquarium, and now Etsy seller Atomic Attic is offering the Upcycled iMac Pet Bed ($129).
With the guts and screen removed—the CRT is recycled—the old-school iMac makes a great home for your cat, small dog, ferret…you get the idea. Each unit comes with a washable slip cover and fluffy cushion for comfort. To ensure kitty doesn’t tip her bed over, the iMac’s speakers are installed on the back as braces. The seller has a variety of different colors available, including Bondi Blue and Ruby.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?