Atomic Attic Upcycled iMac Pet Bed
Apple’s newest iMacs may be incredibly thin, but there are some real advantages to the bulbous design of the original G3 models. For example, they can be repurposed into all sorts of cool things, many of which seem to be particularly well-suited for pets. We’ve already seen a Macquarium, and now Etsy seller Atomic Attic is offering the Upcycled iMac Pet Bed ($129).
With the guts and screen removed—the CRT is recycled—the old-school iMac makes a great home for your cat, small dog, ferret…you get the idea. Each unit comes with a washable slip cover and fluffy cushion for comfort. To ensure kitty doesn’t tip her bed over, the iMac’s speakers are installed on the back as braces. The seller has a variety of different colors available, including Bondi Blue and Ruby.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?