AT&T MiFi Liberate
Now that every LTE-enabled iPhone and iPad has the ability to share its cellular connection, portable hotspot devices aren’t as important as they once were. AT&T decided to pump up its new MiFi Liberate ($50 with two-year contract) with a handful of unique features to make it more appealing. The most noticeable is the 2.8” touchscreen on the front, used to control all the device’s functions. A long battery life and media sharing capabilities are packed in too.
MiFi Liberate can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi devices to AT&T’s really, really fast LTE network—double the number an iPad or iPhone can handle. From the touchscreen you can control your settings and passwords while monitoring data usage and battery life. Speaking of battery life, this hotspot gets up to 11 hours of continuous use. It can also share files stored on microSD cards, such as movies or photos.
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- iFixit posts teardown of sixth-gen iPod touch
- Apple and GSMA in talks to adopt embedded SIM technology
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?