AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T sure has been busy, hasn’t it? Just last week, the wireless company rolled out its USBConnect Force 4G HSPA+ accessory for computers, and today it unveiled its first LTE device, the Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G ($70 with two-year contract and $50 rebate). Only a lucky few will get to use the true potential of this hotspot at first; AT&T has announced plans to bring its higher-speed LTE network only to Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio later this summer, with 15 markets by the end of the year.
If you don’t live in one of those cities, no problem: Elevate falls back to HSPA+ when it’s outside of LTE range. Either way, it’ll allow you to connect up to five devices at a time, and take advantage of whatever the company’s fastest network speeds are in a given city. Also pretty cool: there’s a 1.77” display for information including signal strength, battery life, network credentials and remaining data allotment, so you needn’t keep playing with a window on your Mac to see what’s up with the hotspot.
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?