AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T sure has been busy, hasn’t it? Just last week, the wireless company rolled out its USBConnect Force 4G HSPA+ accessory for computers, and today it unveiled its first LTE device, the Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G ($70 with two-year contract and $50 rebate). Only a lucky few will get to use the true potential of this hotspot at first; AT&T has announced plans to bring its higher-speed LTE network only to Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio later this summer, with 15 markets by the end of the year.
If you don’t live in one of those cities, no problem: Elevate falls back to HSPA+ when it’s outside of LTE range. Either way, it’ll allow you to connect up to five devices at a time, and take advantage of whatever the company’s fastest network speeds are in a given city. Also pretty cool: there’s a 1.77” display for information including signal strength, battery life, network credentials and remaining data allotment, so you needn’t keep playing with a window on your Mac to see what’s up with the hotspot.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?