AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T sure has been busy, hasn’t it? Just last week, the wireless company rolled out its USBConnect Force 4G HSPA+ accessory for computers, and today it unveiled its first LTE device, the Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G ($70 with two-year contract and $50 rebate). Only a lucky few will get to use the true potential of this hotspot at first; AT&T has announced plans to bring its higher-speed LTE network only to Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio later this summer, with 15 markets by the end of the year.
If you don’t live in one of those cities, no problem: Elevate falls back to HSPA+ when it’s outside of LTE range. Either way, it’ll allow you to connect up to five devices at a time, and take advantage of whatever the company’s fastest network speeds are in a given city. Also pretty cool: there’s a 1.77” display for information including signal strength, battery life, network credentials and remaining data allotment, so you needn’t keep playing with a window on your Mac to see what’s up with the hotspot.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?