AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T sure has been busy, hasn’t it? Just last week, the wireless company rolled out its USBConnect Force 4G HSPA+ accessory for computers, and today it unveiled its first LTE device, the Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G ($70 with two-year contract and $50 rebate). Only a lucky few will get to use the true potential of this hotspot at first; AT&T has announced plans to bring its higher-speed LTE network only to Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio later this summer, with 15 markets by the end of the year.
If you don’t live in one of those cities, no problem: Elevate falls back to HSPA+ when it’s outside of LTE range. Either way, it’ll allow you to connect up to five devices at a time, and take advantage of whatever the company’s fastest network speeds are in a given city. Also pretty cool: there’s a 1.77” display for information including signal strength, battery life, network credentials and remaining data allotment, so you needn’t keep playing with a window on your Mac to see what’s up with the hotspot.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today