AT&T USBConnect Force 4G
In the cellular world, 4G doesn’t have a single completely clear meaning these days. But if you know that you want somewhat faster mobile data speeds and the Verizon MiFi isn’t your thing, check out AT&T’s USBConnect Force 4G ($90, free with two-year contract). It hooks up to the GSM-provider’s HSPA+ network to give your MacBook wireless speed on the road, using USB to power its chipset and antenna.
On top of speeds up to four times faster than what AT&T offers to 3G customers, the modem also gives you unlimited access to over 24,000 Wi-Fi Hot Spots around the country. If you want to have it serve double-duty as a flash drive, there is room for a microSD card with up to 32GB of capacity. Data is $50 a month for 5GB with the plan. If you choose the pay-as-you-go option, you can pay per day, week, or month—obviously at higher rates.
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?