AT&T USBConnect Force 4G
In the cellular world, 4G doesn’t have a single completely clear meaning these days. But if you know that you want somewhat faster mobile data speeds and the Verizon MiFi isn’t your thing, check out AT&T’s USBConnect Force 4G ($90, free with two-year contract). It hooks up to the GSM-provider’s HSPA+ network to give your MacBook wireless speed on the road, using USB to power its chipset and antenna.
On top of speeds up to four times faster than what AT&T offers to 3G customers, the modem also gives you unlimited access to over 24,000 Wi-Fi Hot Spots around the country. If you want to have it serve double-duty as a flash drive, there is room for a microSD card with up to 32GB of capacity. Data is $50 a month for 5GB with the plan. If you choose the pay-as-you-go option, you can pay per day, week, or month—obviously at higher rates.
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?