Autodesk’s popular web- and iOS-based photo editor has now come to the desktop as Pixlr for Mac, providing most of the same fun effects and photo enhancement features that users of Pixlr Express for iOS have come to know and love. Users can apply quick fixes and effects from a pallet of hundreds of available options, including one-click fixes to balance out colours and lighting, or can dig deeper into advanced editing features such as merging images, erasing imperfections, and adding focus and effects to specific areas.
Users can download the app for free from the Mac App Store and get started with basic photo editing tools and over 600 effects; creating a free Pixlr account and signing in grants access to enhanced features and additional effects, overlays and borders. While most users will be more than content with everything available for free, more serious users can purchase a “Pro” subscription for $15/year that grants access to a suite of more powerful editing tools and control over specific colour channels.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?