Backblaze Online Backup
Everyone knows Mac backups are important, but having redundant “just in case” duplicates can be a challenge. Backblaze simplifies the process with its online backup tool ($50/year). It automatically backs up all of your data in the background, including the stuff that’s on connected drives. If you ever need to restore data, just click a button on the company’s secure website, or order it on a DVD or hard drive. On top of the backup, Backblaze has just added a Locate My Computer option—think MobileMe’s Find My iPhone for your Mac.
If your computer is ever lost or stolen, just log into the Backblaze site and it will not only show you the last time it was online, but also the IP address and even a map of the current location. It’s one of those things you’ll hope you’ll never have to use, but you’ll be darn thankful for it if you do.
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Bio Inc.
- EU criticizes Apple for in-app purchases (Update)
- Sue Wagner joins Apple board of directors as Bill Campbell retires
- Apps of the Week: Overcast, Ingress, Endless Numbers 1.2 + more
- iPhone 6: 1810 mAh battery, improved color 13MP camera?
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads