Bare Bones Software BBEdit 10
Whether you’re a hardcore HTML coder, a dedicated programmer, or simply looking for the best text editor around, you’re going to want a copy of BBEdit 10 ($50). The latest version of the de facto standard for text editing on Mac OS adds in a ton of new groovy features while dropping the cost of entry in half, thanks to the Mac App Store and its lack of a license migration feature—hence why the App Store is still showing v9.6.3, as v10 will be a free upgrade once it drops.
New in this text Swiss Army Knife of a program are project and document window upgrades, a totally re-imagined preferences window, a new Setup window, a redesigned UI for the built-in HTML markup tools, switchable syntax color schemes, the ability to edit, save, and search-and-replace documents that are stored within Zip files, and the new feature du jour, Dropbox support.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?