Bartels Media ShareMouse
There’s no shortage of hardware KVM—keyboard, video, mouse—switches out there for the Mac; we featured a particularly full-featured one from j5 create a few months ago. Now Bartels Media has decided to shake up the game a bit with the release of ShareMouse. Free for personal use, this piece of software replicates those physical switches, allowing you to share a mouse and keyboard between two computers… or up to a staggering 26 Macs or PCs if you’re a Pro User.
The setup for ShareMouse is remarkably easy. There are no settings to adjust or anything like that for basic use; you simply install the software on the computers you’re using and it’ll link them up. We found the app to be just the tiniest bit laggy with both the keyboard and trackpad, but totally usable. For users with a pair of Macs but only limited keyboard space on their desk, this may be a killer solution. To use more than two computers, you need to purchase a $25 license for each additional machine.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?