Belkin 7-Port Ultra-Slim USB 2.0 Metal Desktop Hub
When it comes to USB hubs, not too much has to be said: Macs always seem to have a need for extra ports. Even the iMac can use a hand from time to time. As a solution for adding extras, we really like Belkin’s 7-Port Ultra-Slim USB 2.0 Metal Desktop Hub ($50). That’s right: you can now have up to 10 USB ports on your desktop Mac, a nice number, right?
What we really like about this particular hub is its design. Instead of a compact block or some other weird shape, it’s a clean, simple straight line. On the right end is a port for connecting to your machine, as well as one for the wall adapter needed to power the hub. While we really dig the metal body of the seven-port version, a black plastic version is available as well for $40. If seven ports seems like overkill, you can save $15 and go with a smaller four-port metal model, found as a $35 option on the Apple Store web page.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?