Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter 4K/Ultra HD Compatible
If you’ve wanted to give an older Mac the ability to output to HDMI—useful for connecting some MacBooks and prior-generation Mac minis to most HDTVs or monitors—there are plenty of inexpensive options. But there’s also an affordable adapter that’s solidly built and more future-proof than most. Sold for only $15 through Amazon.com, Belkin’s Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter 4K/Ultra HD Compatible ($35) adds an HDMI port to any Mac with a Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port. And if your machine has the right hardware, GPU, and version of OS X, you may be able to connect an Ultra HD 4K display to it, as well.
Assuming that your Mac has enough graphics horsepower to actually drive a 4K display, it probably also has an HDMI port capable of making that connection, but if not, Belkin’s adapter can work. The jet black cable is five inches long, transforming a Mini DisplayPort 1.2 or Thunderbolt 2 port into an 18GB HDMI 2.0 port with support for 32 audio channels and up to 60FPS 4K video; machines with older Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt ports are capped at pre-4K resolutions. You have to supply the HDMI cable yourself, though Belkin sells a larger version with a six-foot HDMI cable for $10 more.
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- New Apple TV expected to debut at WWDC with App Store
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Device able to access iOS 8.1 through brute-force attack
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iBattz Refuel Invictus for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?