Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter 4K/Ultra HD Compatible
If you’ve wanted to give an older Mac the ability to output to HDMI—useful for connecting some MacBooks and prior-generation Mac minis to most HDTVs or monitors—there are plenty of inexpensive options. But there’s also an affordable adapter that’s solidly built and more future-proof than most. Sold for only $15 through Amazon.com, Belkin’s Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter 4K/Ultra HD Compatible ($35) adds an HDMI port to any Mac with a Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port. And if your machine has the right hardware, GPU, and version of OS X, you may be able to connect an Ultra HD 4K display to it, as well.
Assuming that your Mac has enough graphics horsepower to actually drive a 4K display, it probably also has an HDMI port capable of making that connection, but if not, Belkin’s adapter can work. The jet black cable is five inches long, transforming a Mini DisplayPort 1.2 or Thunderbolt 2 port into an 18GB HDMI 2.0 port with support for 32 audio channels and up to 60FPS 4K video; machines with older Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt ports are capped at pre-4K resolutions. You have to supply the HDMI cable yourself, though Belkin sells a larger version with a six-foot HDMI cable for $10 more.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?