Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter 4K/Ultra HD Compatible
If you’ve wanted to give an older Mac the ability to output to HDMI—useful for connecting some MacBooks and prior-generation Mac minis to most HDTVs or monitors—there are plenty of inexpensive options. But there’s also an affordable adapter that’s solidly built and more future-proof than most. Sold for only $15 through Amazon.com, Belkin’s Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter 4K/Ultra HD Compatible ($35) adds an HDMI port to any Mac with a Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port. And if your machine has the right hardware, GPU, and version of OS X, you may be able to connect an Ultra HD 4K display to it, as well.
Assuming that your Mac has enough graphics horsepower to actually drive a 4K display, it probably also has an HDMI port capable of making that connection, but if not, Belkin’s adapter can work. The jet black cable is five inches long, transforming a Mini DisplayPort 1.2 or Thunderbolt 2 port into an 18GB HDMI 2.0 port with support for 32 audio channels and up to 60FPS 4K video; machines with older Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt ports are capped at pre-4K resolutions. You have to supply the HDMI cable yourself, though Belkin sells a larger version with a six-foot HDMI cable for $10 more.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?