Belkin Universal Media Reader/Writer
When Apple added an SD card slot to the MacBook Pro a few years back, it was kind of a surprise—the company was already on a march to reduce ports and physical media interfaces, beginning its plans to remove optical drives from some of its laptops. But photographers wanted integrated memory card slots, and Apple obliged for users of the most common format. If you’re using anything other than SD, then Belkin’s new Universal Media Reader/Writer ($40) is probably just what you need.
This newest release replaces Belkin’s older, uglier, and more expensive model with a new version that has inputs for every major media card standard: SD/MMC, Mini SD, Micro SD, xD, CF, Microdrive, MS, and MS Duo. Simply plug it in to one of the USB ports on your machine and you’re good to go. At least for the time being, it looks like this accessory is exclusive to Apple. Belkin doesn’t even have it listed on its website, but the reader/writer is in stock on Apple.com, and is showing up on the shelves in the physical stores as well.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015