Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera
Video professionals already know the name Blackmagic Design thanks to its considerable collection of post-production hardware and software; now the company has decided to jump directly into the other side of things with its Cinema Camera ($3,000). With a 2.5K sensor that enables budget-conscious professional users to shoot entirely in RAW, the Cinema Camera isn’t messing around; most DSLRs in the same price range force compression onto their lower-resolution videos.
Cinema Camera captures RAW video at 2432x1366, and has a handful of other notable features that set it apart. On the back is a 5” capacitive touchscreen, giving you not only a large viewing window, but an efficient way of entering metadata as well. An SSD bay is used for storage, and replaceable, so you can choose a 2.5” SSD and swap it in instead of having to fuss with low capacity SD cards. There’s even a Thunderbolt port built-in—a first for any camera. We’re very interested to see how this thing performs in the field when it’s available in July 2012.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today