Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 3D
After what felt like a brief drought, the floodgates are now opening for Thunderbolt-capable accessories. While the Apple Store is still only featuring the Promise Pegasus RAID Storage Systems, Blackmagic Designs has just debuted UltraStudio 3D ($995), a new video capture and playback solution geared towards high-end video professionals.
The box has everything you need in a convenient aluminum enclosure. Of course there’s a Thunderbolt port for connecting to your Mac, and on top of that, you have Dual Link SDI inputs and outputs, HDMI in and out, and a breakout cable port. It works with most major non-linear editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro, and as the name indicates, it supports two streams of HD video for 3D workflows. As with all of the Thunderbolt products we’ve seen so far, Apple’s Thunderbolt Cable is not included, a trend that’s probably going to persist for a while despite the premium accessory prices.
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today