Blackmagic DesignPocket Cinema Camera
“Pocket” may be a bit of a stretch here, but compared to its Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Design’s Pocket Cinema Camera ($995) is downright tiny—and much more affordable, too. Just announced in Las Vegas at NAB, this impressively compact unit sports equally impressive specs, including the ability to shoot RAW footage. It’s packing a Super 16mm sized 1080HD sensor, which isn’t quite as high as its larger counterpart, but is still pretty impressive.
Whereas Cinema Camera shoots at 2.5K, this one is limited to 1920 x 1080—really, not a huge limitation. It shoots Lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at that resolution. The camera is also compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses, meaning you’ve got a lot of options for quality glass to slap onto the front of it. Best of all, it’s all packed into a 5” x 1.5” x 2.6” package.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?