Blackmagic DesignPocket Cinema Camera
“Pocket” may be a bit of a stretch here, but compared to its Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Design’s Pocket Cinema Camera ($995) is downright tiny—and much more affordable, too. Just announced in Las Vegas at NAB, this impressively compact unit sports equally impressive specs, including the ability to shoot RAW footage. It’s packing a Super 16mm sized 1080HD sensor, which isn’t quite as high as its larger counterpart, but is still pretty impressive.
Whereas Cinema Camera shoots at 2.5K, this one is limited to 1920 x 1080—really, not a huge limitation. It shoots Lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at that resolution. The camera is also compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses, meaning you’ve got a lot of options for quality glass to slap onto the front of it. Best of all, it’s all packed into a 5” x 1.5” x 2.6” package.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?