Blackmagic DesignPocket Cinema Camera
“Pocket” may be a bit of a stretch here, but compared to its Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Design’s Pocket Cinema Camera ($995) is downright tiny—and much more affordable, too. Just announced in Las Vegas at NAB, this impressively compact unit sports equally impressive specs, including the ability to shoot RAW footage. It’s packing a Super 16mm sized 1080HD sensor, which isn’t quite as high as its larger counterpart, but is still pretty impressive.
Whereas Cinema Camera shoots at 2.5K, this one is limited to 1920 x 1080—really, not a huge limitation. It shoots Lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at that resolution. The camera is also compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses, meaning you’ve got a lot of options for quality glass to slap onto the front of it. Best of all, it’s all packed into a 5” x 1.5” x 2.6” package.
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?