Blackmagic DesignPocket Cinema Camera
“Pocket” may be a bit of a stretch here, but compared to its Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Design’s Pocket Cinema Camera ($995) is downright tiny—and much more affordable, too. Just announced in Las Vegas at NAB, this impressively compact unit sports equally impressive specs, including the ability to shoot RAW footage. It’s packing a Super 16mm sized 1080HD sensor, which isn’t quite as high as its larger counterpart, but is still pretty impressive.
Whereas Cinema Camera shoots at 2.5K, this one is limited to 1920 x 1080—really, not a huge limitation. It shoots Lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at that resolution. The camera is also compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses, meaning you’ve got a lot of options for quality glass to slap onto the front of it. Best of all, it’s all packed into a 5” x 1.5” x 2.6” package.
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?