While iOS email apps have garnered a lot of attention lately, Bloop hasn’t been ignoring the Mac. It has just released Airmail ($2), which it calls “the mail client for the 21st century.” Compatible with Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo!, and other IMAP services, it’s made to work equally well with one or more accounts. Everything is designed to be simple, including the minimalist interface and the ways you interact with it.
Not unlike OS X’s native Mail app, Airmail is set up in columns, with access to your accounts and folders on the right, followed by the list of your messages, and then a pane to display the body of your email. Interestingly, you can split these into separate windows if you choose. One of the app’s coolest features is Quick Reply, a mode that creates a simple pop-over window, allowing you to quickly shoot a message back in response. Attachments are handled with a drag and drop interface, and messages are grouped by conversation. If Apple’s Mail isn’t cutting it for you, the $2 price of Airmail makes it easy to consider as an alternative.
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Report: Apple behind San Francisco ‘mystery event’ in early September
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Apple loses German patent lawsuit over slide-to-unlock feature
- Best Buy expanding Apple Watch sales to all its stores in September
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Report: Apple ending One to One tutoring program
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- Wirelessky iStand 6 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?