While iOS email apps have garnered a lot of attention lately, Bloop hasn’t been ignoring the Mac. It has just released Airmail ($2), which it calls “the mail client for the 21st century.” Compatible with Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo!, and other IMAP services, it’s made to work equally well with one or more accounts. Everything is designed to be simple, including the minimalist interface and the ways you interact with it.
Not unlike OS X’s native Mail app, Airmail is set up in columns, with access to your accounts and folders on the right, followed by the list of your messages, and then a pane to display the body of your email. Interestingly, you can split these into separate windows if you choose. One of the app’s coolest features is Quick Reply, a mode that creates a simple pop-over window, allowing you to quickly shoot a message back in response. Attachments are handled with a drag and drop interface, and messages are grouped by conversation. If Apple’s Mail isn’t cutting it for you, the $2 price of Airmail makes it easy to consider as an alternative.
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Refurbished iPad Air 2 models hit Apple Store
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?