While iOS email apps have garnered a lot of attention lately, Bloop hasn’t been ignoring the Mac. It has just released Airmail ($2), which it calls “the mail client for the 21st century.” Compatible with Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo!, and other IMAP services, it’s made to work equally well with one or more accounts. Everything is designed to be simple, including the minimalist interface and the ways you interact with it.
Not unlike OS X’s native Mail app, Airmail is set up in columns, with access to your accounts and folders on the right, followed by the list of your messages, and then a pane to display the body of your email. Interestingly, you can split these into separate windows if you choose. One of the app’s coolest features is Quick Reply, a mode that creates a simple pop-over window, allowing you to quickly shoot a message back in response. Attachments are handled with a drag and drop interface, and messages are grouped by conversation. If Apple’s Mail isn’t cutting it for you, the $2 price of Airmail makes it easy to consider as an alternative.
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks privacy to NPR
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?