While iOS email apps have garnered a lot of attention lately, Bloop hasn’t been ignoring the Mac. It has just released Airmail ($2), which it calls “the mail client for the 21st century.” Compatible with Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo!, and other IMAP services, it’s made to work equally well with one or more accounts. Everything is designed to be simple, including the minimalist interface and the ways you interact with it.
Not unlike OS X’s native Mail app, Airmail is set up in columns, with access to your accounts and folders on the right, followed by the list of your messages, and then a pane to display the body of your email. Interestingly, you can split these into separate windows if you choose. One of the app’s coolest features is Quick Reply, a mode that creates a simple pop-over window, allowing you to quickly shoot a message back in response. Attachments are handled with a drag and drop interface, and messages are grouped by conversation. If Apple’s Mail isn’t cutting it for you, the $2 price of Airmail makes it easy to consider as an alternative.
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- iFixit posts teardown of sixth-gen iPod touch
- Apple and GSMA in talks to adopt embedded SIM technology
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?