Bloop Fresh Feed Pro
One-click access to a list of content from your favorite web sites? That’s the promise—largely fulfilled—of Bloop’s Fresh Feed Pro ($2). As a lightweight RSS newsreader application, Fresh Feed Pro lives at the top of your screen near the clock, giving you a quick list of new article titles, introductions, and even photos to click on. Hit a “More” button and a second window pops up with additional details and a web page link. While it’s not perfect, the app provides a very clean RSS feed, and it works with Google Reader, too.
Fresh Feed Pro uses Google Reader to pull your list of preferred RSS feeds, but doesn’t sync back with it thereafter—quite possibly because the app is designed not as a full newsreader replacement, but as a way to quickly check whichever feeds you deem most important for its scrolling, truncated list. Simple customizations let you change the aforementioned “More” button to a direct web page link, eliminating the second window, as well as enabling a sound when fresh news is synced—as often as once per minute. The app can even leverage the Mac’s text-to-speech capabilities to read news titles to you as they hit the RSS feed, reducing your need to keep checking the list. It’s clear that Bloop is still working on expanding the app’s functionality and fixing bugs, but for the time being, Fresh Feed Pro is a nice little app for the price, and available via the Mac App Store.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, sign up now
- Japan Display vying to be Apple’s primary display supplier (Update: new plant confirmed)
- Apple comes to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, will replace AT&T
- Apple extends iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit (Update: settlement approved)
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?