Bloop Fresh Feed Pro
One-click access to a list of content from your favorite web sites? That’s the promise—largely fulfilled—of Bloop’s Fresh Feed Pro ($2). As a lightweight RSS newsreader application, Fresh Feed Pro lives at the top of your screen near the clock, giving you a quick list of new article titles, introductions, and even photos to click on. Hit a “More” button and a second window pops up with additional details and a web page link. While it’s not perfect, the app provides a very clean RSS feed, and it works with Google Reader, too.
Fresh Feed Pro uses Google Reader to pull your list of preferred RSS feeds, but doesn’t sync back with it thereafter—quite possibly because the app is designed not as a full newsreader replacement, but as a way to quickly check whichever feeds you deem most important for its scrolling, truncated list. Simple customizations let you change the aforementioned “More” button to a direct web page link, eliminating the second window, as well as enabling a sound when fresh news is synced—as often as once per minute. The app can even leverage the Mac’s text-to-speech capabilities to read news titles to you as they hit the RSS feed, reducing your need to keep checking the list. It’s clear that Bloop is still working on expanding the app’s functionality and fixing bugs, but for the time being, Fresh Feed Pro is a nice little app for the price, and available via the Mac App Store.
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?