Bloop Life Stream
Bloop’s new app Life Stream ($5) isn’t going to stop you from wasting time on social networking sites; heck, it’ll probably drag you in deeper. But it’s at least going to reduce the amount of time you have to spend switching between different web pages and apps. Designed as a browser-free experience, it brings your online life together into a single window: Tweets and Likes and Check-Ins, all living together—what a wonderful world.
Right now, Life Stream supports most of the biggest social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Foursquare to name a few. The developer is open to adding more networks and features based on what its users want. There are audio notifications for new messages, and Growl support is built-in as well. While the posting system could use a little work at this early stage—there’s no general field for entering new text, you have to right click on an entry from the network you want to post to—the pieces are in place for Life Stream to become a pretty cool app. We can’t wait to see what Bloop does with it. It’s available now from the Mac App Store.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?