Bloop Life Stream
Bloop’s new app Life Stream ($5) isn’t going to stop you from wasting time on social networking sites; heck, it’ll probably drag you in deeper. But it’s at least going to reduce the amount of time you have to spend switching between different web pages and apps. Designed as a browser-free experience, it brings your online life together into a single window: Tweets and Likes and Check-Ins, all living together—what a wonderful world.
Right now, Life Stream supports most of the biggest social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Foursquare to name a few. The developer is open to adding more networks and features based on what its users want. There are audio notifications for new messages, and Growl support is built-in as well. While the posting system could use a little work at this early stage—there’s no general field for entering new text, you have to right click on an entry from the network you want to post to—the pieces are in place for Life Stream to become a pretty cool app. We can’t wait to see what Bloop does with it. It’s available now from the Mac App Store.
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?