Bloop Time Track Pro
Lawyers do it. Creatives do, too. Now you can automatically track the time you’ve spent working on projects with Time Track Pro ($5), an inexpensive new tool from Italy’s Bloop. Install it using the Mac App Store and a little ruler icon will appear on the top right of your screen. Click it whenever you need to see a breakdown of how you’ve spent your time, app by app. If you want to focus solely on one aspect of how your Mac’s been used throughout the day, you can turn off its ability to track certain apps and web sites; Time Track Pro keeps a daily log that you can analyze by the day, week, or month as you prefer. Reports are easy to read and accompanied by simple bar graphs.
The good news: Time Track Pro is built to handle granular document by document, and web domain by domain tracking of your activities, with support for Adobe, Microsoft, and Apple productivity software and three different web browsers—more to come. Bad news: in several days of testing, Time Track Pro properly tracked foreground app use, but didn’t provide that sort of document- or domain-based detail in any consistent way, even with document and web tracking enabled. Our guess is that bug fixes will make this app better over time, but for now, it offers the tantalizing prospect of eliminating the need to keep a stopwatch by the computer for projects. And the price is right, too.
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Apple acknowledges iPad Pro charging problem, doesn’t have fix yet
- App Store rules may limit number of iPad Pro-specific apps
- iFixit tears down the Apple Pencil
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 4, tvOS 9.1 beta 3
- Apple expands NYC same-day delivery, brings personal pickup to Canada + Australia
- Apple apparently pulls HomeKit-incompatible devices from its stores
- Leaked photo shows official Apple Watch dock packaging (Updated: dock released)
- Foursquare added to Apple Maps business listings
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Logitech Create iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- Apple iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Lav
- Netatmo Rain Gauge
- Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless Speaker
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?