Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Microphone
If any company knows mics for the Mac, it’s Blue Microphones. The company’s latest design is Nessie Adaptive USB Microphone ($100), currently available exclusively through Apple. As we’ve come to expect, the USB-based mic is a great-looking peripheral, and it has some unique functionality that makes it ideal for whatever kind of audio you’re recording. It packs a single cardioid condenser capsule inside a shock mount with a pop filter, eliminating or reducing unwanted sounds.
The “adaptive” in the title refers to the fact that Nessie automatically detects the audio it’s picking up, and adapts the recording to the instruments, vocals, or whatever else it might be hearing. It also does automatic sound processing and enhancement. And just like most USB microphones we’ve previously seen for Macs, if you’re using an iPad, Apple’s Lighting to USB Camera Adapter will let you use the mic with GarageBand and other audio apps.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015