Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Microphone
If any company knows mics for the Mac, it’s Blue Microphones. The company’s latest design is Nessie Adaptive USB Microphone ($100), currently available exclusively through Apple. As we’ve come to expect, the USB-based mic is a great-looking peripheral, and it has some unique functionality that makes it ideal for whatever kind of audio you’re recording. It packs a single cardioid condenser capsule inside a shock mount with a pop filter, eliminating or reducing unwanted sounds.
The “adaptive” in the title refers to the fact that Nessie automatically detects the audio it’s picking up, and adapts the recording to the instruments, vocals, or whatever else it might be hearing. It also does automatic sound processing and enhancement. And just like most USB microphones we’ve previously seen for Macs, if you’re using an iPad, Apple’s Lighting to USB Camera Adapter will let you use the mic with GarageBand and other audio apps.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today