Blue Microphones Tiki
The mic in your Mac isn’t made for serious recording, so if audio quality is important to you, a dedicated microphone accessory will make a big difference. Blue Microphone’s new Tiki ($60) has just been released as a smart entry-level choice: not only is it one of the least expensive Blue mics we’ve seen, but the size and technology are impressive too.
Most of Blue’s microphones are cabled, standalone accessories, but Tiki is a smaller, flash drive-styled attachment primarily designed for on-the-go use with MacBooks. Despite the size, it packs two high-quality microphones, which it uses to distinguish voices from other audio sources, using active noise-cancelling to screen out background noise during speech, and automatically mute audio when no one is talking. That kind of performance is ideal for podcasting, Skype, and more, and there’s also a mode optimized for music recording. Tiki can be found at Best Buy right now, and is coming to Blue Microphones’ website and Apple Store starting on July 15, 2012.
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple announces WWDC for June 8-12
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?