Apple’s decision to hide the USB ports on the back of its iMac computers makes connectivity a little challenging for detachable accessories such as flash drives—reaching around to the back every time you want to attach or detach something can be inconvenient. Bluelounge’s Jimi ($15) solves this by using a J-shaped USB extender to relocate the port to the bottom of the iMac’s front. USB 3.0-certified, the extender also makes the port horizontal rather than vertical.
Designed for current-generation iMacs, Jimi can also be used with the thicker prior-generation model, though the USB port will remain hidden out of sight just below the computer’s larger chin. It’s made from a mostly rigid black plastic, and there are no frills or other pack-ins besides the extender. Bluelounge notes that Jimi works with all four of the USB ports on the 21” iMac, and three of the four ports on the 27” iMac, should you want to relocate more than one by buying multiple units.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014