BlueStacks App Player Beta
Have you ever wanted to run iOS apps on your Mac? Well, you’re still out of luck, but there’s some good news: if there’s an Android version of your favorite iOS app, you can now emulate it using Bluestacks App Player (Free), now available in beta. The app is simple: load it up and you have a straightforward interface for using any Android app right from your computer. There are still some bugs, but it’s definitely promising as a way to bring mobile apps to your laptop or desktop computer.
The main screen provides quick access to different categories of apps such as News and Photos, plus the Top 25 Apps and your library. You can also search, which will scan across Google Play, Get Jar, Amazon App Store, and 1Mobile for your desired app. It appears that downloaded titles only play in landscape mode right now, an issue for apps that are designed to be displayed in portrait orientation. We also noted errors when trying to access paid apps, but we’ll keep playing around to see what we can find.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?