BlueStacks App Player Beta
Have you ever wanted to run iOS apps on your Mac? Well, you’re still out of luck, but there’s some good news: if there’s an Android version of your favorite iOS app, you can now emulate it using Bluestacks App Player (Free), now available in beta. The app is simple: load it up and you have a straightforward interface for using any Android app right from your computer. There are still some bugs, but it’s definitely promising as a way to bring mobile apps to your laptop or desktop computer.
The main screen provides quick access to different categories of apps such as News and Photos, plus the Top 25 Apps and your library. You can also search, which will scan across Google Play, Get Jar, Amazon App Store, and 1Mobile for your desired app. It appears that downloaded titles only play in landscape mode right now, an issue for apps that are designed to be displayed in portrait orientation. We also noted errors when trying to access paid apps, but we’ll keep playing around to see what we can find.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?