BlueStacks App Player Beta
Have you ever wanted to run iOS apps on your Mac? Well, you’re still out of luck, but there’s some good news: if there’s an Android version of your favorite iOS app, you can now emulate it using Bluestacks App Player (Free), now available in beta. The app is simple: load it up and you have a straightforward interface for using any Android app right from your computer. There are still some bugs, but it’s definitely promising as a way to bring mobile apps to your laptop or desktop computer.
The main screen provides quick access to different categories of apps such as News and Photos, plus the Top 25 Apps and your library. You can also search, which will scan across Google Play, Get Jar, Amazon App Store, and 1Mobile for your desired app. It appears that downloaded titles only play in landscape mode right now, an issue for apps that are designed to be displayed in portrait orientation. We also noted errors when trying to access paid apps, but we’ll keep playing around to see what we can find.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?