Boinx Software iStopMotion 3
Stop motion animation—think Wallace & Gromit, Robot Chicken, or the California Raisins—is a labor-intensive process. But with the right tools, you can actually create these videos using your Mac, without any real experience. Boinx Software has just released the third edition of iStopMotion ($30) to the Mac App Store, making it even easier for users to create their own cartoons. Our favorite feature is Remote Camera, which allows you to transmit a live feed from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to your Mac.
The idea with stop motion is to take one shot of your subject, make a small change, shoot again, and repeat the process until you have a whole scene. iStopMotion 3 collects those frames, allows you to do modest edits, and even works with green screen images. Once you’ve collected everything, the frames can be exported to iMovie or Final Cut Pro X for real editing, titles, and anything else those programs offer. It seems like a great app for hobbyists, and experienced users hoping to make their next animation projects a little easier.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015