Bonadies Creative LetterMpress
As the story goes, Steve Jobs kept attending classes after dropping out of Reed College, choosing subjects that he was actually interested in. One that had a profound impact on him was a calligraphy class; what he learned there inspired him to use beautiful fonts on Apple’s computers, a signature feature of all Macs today. That’s why we think he’d appreciate the Mac App Store title LetterMpress ($10) from Bonadies Creative. It allows you to create authentic-looking letterpress prints, right on your Mac.
One of the things that’s great about LetterMpress is the interface; it’s made to look and feel as close to a real letterpress setup as possible. You get to do everything from placing and arranging the type to choosing the color of the ink, and even turning a virtual hand crank when you’re ready to print. The app includes both letters and images so that you can do a full design. The prints are super high resolution—up to 300 dpi—and since it supports Lion’s full-screen mode, you can really take advantage of Apple’s 21.5” and 27” displays.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards