Bonadies Creative LetterMpress
As the story goes, Steve Jobs kept attending classes after dropping out of Reed College, choosing subjects that he was actually interested in. One that had a profound impact on him was a calligraphy class; what he learned there inspired him to use beautiful fonts on Apple’s computers, a signature feature of all Macs today. That’s why we think he’d appreciate the Mac App Store title LetterMpress ($10) from Bonadies Creative. It allows you to create authentic-looking letterpress prints, right on your Mac.
One of the things that’s great about LetterMpress is the interface; it’s made to look and feel as close to a real letterpress setup as possible. You get to do everything from placing and arranging the type to choosing the color of the ink, and even turning a virtual hand crank when you’re ready to print. The app includes both letters and images so that you can do a full design. The prints are super high resolution—up to 300 dpi—and since it supports Lion’s full-screen mode, you can really take advantage of Apple’s 21.5” and 27” displays.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?