Bonadies Creative LetterMpress
As the story goes, Steve Jobs kept attending classes after dropping out of Reed College, choosing subjects that he was actually interested in. One that had a profound impact on him was a calligraphy class; what he learned there inspired him to use beautiful fonts on Apple’s computers, a signature feature of all Macs today. That’s why we think he’d appreciate the Mac App Store title LetterMpress ($10) from Bonadies Creative. It allows you to create authentic-looking letterpress prints, right on your Mac.
One of the things that’s great about LetterMpress is the interface; it’s made to look and feel as close to a real letterpress setup as possible. You get to do everything from placing and arranging the type to choosing the color of the ink, and even turning a virtual hand crank when you’re ready to print. The app includes both letters and images so that you can do a full design. The prints are super high resolution—up to 300 dpi—and since it supports Lion’s full-screen mode, you can really take advantage of Apple’s 21.5” and 27” displays.
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple announces WWDC for June 8-12
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?