BookEndz Docking Station for 13" MacBook Air
Yeah, it’s crazy expensive, but BookEndz has been making notebook docks for years, and its upcoming Docking Station for 13” MacBook Air is the latest in a family of similarly-themed accessories. If you have an external display and other plug-in accessories at your desk, you probably already know the pain of trying to turn the Air into a full-time desktop machine. Who wants to mess with plugging and unplugging all those cables all the time?
The dock includes a powered USB hub, bringing your port count up to five from the standard two—plus an Ethernet port for when you need a wired connection. There are also passthroughs for the Mini DisplayPort and audio port. Don’t worry about anything getting blocked though, BookEndz leaves space for you to access the SD card slot and MagSafe power supply. It may not be the prettiest accessory around, but it’s useful.
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Report: Apple to unveil iWatch with new iPhones on September 9
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today