BookEndz Docking Station for 13" MacBook Air
Yeah, it’s crazy expensive, but BookEndz has been making notebook docks for years, and its upcoming Docking Station for 13” MacBook Air is the latest in a family of similarly-themed accessories. If you have an external display and other plug-in accessories at your desk, you probably already know the pain of trying to turn the Air into a full-time desktop machine. Who wants to mess with plugging and unplugging all those cables all the time?
The dock includes a powered USB hub, bringing your port count up to five from the standard two—plus an Ethernet port for when you need a wired connection. There are also passthroughs for the Mini DisplayPort and audio port. Don’t worry about anything getting blocked though, BookEndz leaves space for you to access the SD card slot and MagSafe power supply. It may not be the prettiest accessory around, but it’s useful.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?