Booq Boa Squeeze Backpack
Backpacks tend not to look all that different from one another. Most of the time you’ll find two straps, a zipper running from side to side, and a few extra pockets. Booq’s new Boa Squeeze ($130) bucks that trend, at least somewhat. It’s one of the most distinctive-looking backpacks we’ve seen in a while, although it still accomplishes the same task of lugging your stuff around. Naturally, it was designed to hold your favorite MacBook along with plenty of extras. Updated with hands-on pictures and our impressions!
Boa Squeeze is made of ballistic nylon, and lined with ripstop polyester, so it’s water-repellent. Both sides include pockets with sub-pockets inside of them. The main compartment’s zipper runs up the back of the bag, towards the straps, and back down again. Inside you’ll find lots of pockets, plus a padded laptop compartment that’s lined with Nylex material, designed not to scratch your MacBook.
We’ve had a chance to handle Boa Squeeze, and although we generally prefer messenger bags, this one could change our opinion. It’s big without feeling huge, and unsurprisingly from Booq, the nylon exterior feels great. We appreciate the thoughtful placement of the many pockets, and the sheer amount of space the bag offers. Its unique structure is well suited to those who appreciate organization, because it’s easy to get to what you need, when you need it.
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?