Booq Boa Squeeze Backpack
Backpacks tend not to look all that different from one another. Most of the time you’ll find two straps, a zipper running from side to side, and a few extra pockets. Booq’s new Boa Squeeze ($130) bucks that trend, at least somewhat. It’s one of the most distinctive-looking backpacks we’ve seen in a while, although it still accomplishes the same task of lugging your stuff around. Naturally, it was designed to hold your favorite MacBook along with plenty of extras. Updated with hands-on pictures and our impressions!
Boa Squeeze is made of ballistic nylon, and lined with ripstop polyester, so it’s water-repellent. Both sides include pockets with sub-pockets inside of them. The main compartment’s zipper runs up the back of the bag, towards the straps, and back down again. Inside you’ll find lots of pockets, plus a padded laptop compartment that’s lined with Nylex material, designed not to scratch your MacBook.
We’ve had a chance to handle Boa Squeeze, and although we generally prefer messenger bags, this one could change our opinion. It’s big without feeling huge, and unsurprisingly from Booq, the nylon exterior feels great. We appreciate the thoughtful placement of the many pockets, and the sheer amount of space the bag offers. Its unique structure is well suited to those who appreciate organization, because it’s easy to get to what you need, when you need it.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?