Braun is well known for its industrial design, particularly in the work of Dieter Rams, which Apple’s design team has used as inspiration in Macs, iPods, and other products over the years. That’s why we wanted to showcase Braun’s BN0032 watch (£120-£140)—a traditional analog clock face surrounded by clean, timeless lines. You’d be hard pressed to miss the resemblance between it and Apple’s current lineup of products.
BN0032 is available with either a black or white face and matching strap. Leather bands are available, but we prefer the mesh metal, which obviously has a Mac-like look. Viewed side by side, the watches conjure up thoughts of Apple’s now-discontinued white and black MacBooks, and that date window sure does seem to resemble the iCal icon—or maybe it’s the other way around. Either way, BN0032 is a nice-looking timepiece, and seems to hit all the points of Rams’ famous ten principles of good design.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today