Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Mid-2015)
While Apple brought its new “Force Touch” feature to the 13-inch model of the MacBook Pro with Retina Display around the same time as the new MacBook, Apple’s larger model has taken a bit longer to get the update. The new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display ($1,999 - $2,499) goes a step beyond simply adding the Force Touch trackpad, however, with some nice performance boosts to storage and battery life.
Specifically, the new models now promise up to 2.5 times faster flash storage, with throughput of up to 2GBps, and an extra hour’s worth of battery life, promising 9 hours of wireless web browsing or iTunes movie playback. The $1,999 model comes in with a 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 256GB of flash storage, and Intel Iris Pro graphics, while the higher-end option sports a 2.5 GHz quad-core i7 processor, doubles flash storage to 512GB, and includes the AMD Radeon R9 M370X. Both machines can of course also still be configured-to-order to add faster i7 CPUs, increased RAM, and increased flash storage. Both models are available starting today through the Apple Online Store, Apple retail stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?