Buffalo MiniStation Thunderbolt Portable HDD
Thunderbolt is getting closer to becoming a practical standard. Plenty of expensive, stationary desktop units were announced before Buffalo debuted the MiniStation Thunderbolt Portable HDD ($200-$250), the first bus-powered portable Thunderbolt hard drive we’ve come across. Now instead of having to invest a few hundred bucks into several terabytes worth of storage, the average Mac user can get 500GB or 1TB in a portable package at a reasonable price. It also includes a USB 3.0 connection, just in case you need to fall back to the slower standard.
MiniStation Thunderbolt is a little fatter than some of the portable drives on the market today, but the Mac-matching white and silver design is nice. Even nicer is the fact that both the USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt cables are included—the $50 Thunderbolt cord isn’t even packed in with units costing $1,000 and more, so it’s a definite bonus here.
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple announces WWDC for June 8-12
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?