BulletTrain eXpress Keyboard Platform
If you’ve been reading iLounge + Mac recently, BulletTrain’s eXpress Keyboard Platform ($79) probably looks awfully familiar. Having featured the original aluminum version back in December, we were surprised to see a new version of the holder in Las Vegas at CES in January. This iteration starts with the same concept—hold Apple’s keyboard and Magic Trackpad together—but BulletTrain started over with new materials, and came up with an even more appealing product.
Instead of the aluminum of the first eXpress, this one is made of polycarbonate plastic, which offers several advantages. Chief among them is price: the base model is almost half the price of its metal-clad sibling. But it’s not just a cheaper product, it’s a better designed one as well: instead of relying on 3M Mounting Squares to hold the Wireless Keyboard in place, now both that and the Magic Trackpad snap in for a secure—and flush—fit. There are also now ten metallic colors, with silver starting at $79 and the others going for $99; BulletTrain has patterned up with MusicSkins.com to offer custom stickers for the Keyboard Platform, as well.
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- Report: Spotify to discontinue free streaming tier?
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?