BulletTrain eXpress Keyboard Platform
If you’ve been reading iLounge + Mac recently, BulletTrain’s eXpress Keyboard Platform ($79) probably looks awfully familiar. Having featured the original aluminum version back in December, we were surprised to see a new version of the holder in Las Vegas at CES in January. This iteration starts with the same concept—hold Apple’s keyboard and Magic Trackpad together—but BulletTrain started over with new materials, and came up with an even more appealing product.
Instead of the aluminum of the first eXpress, this one is made of polycarbonate plastic, which offers several advantages. Chief among them is price: the base model is almost half the price of its metal-clad sibling. But it’s not just a cheaper product, it’s a better designed one as well: instead of relying on 3M Mounting Squares to hold the Wireless Keyboard in place, now both that and the Magic Trackpad snap in for a secure—and flush—fit. There are also now ten metallic colors, with silver starting at $79 and the others going for $99; BulletTrain has patterned up with MusicSkins.com to offer custom stickers for the Keyboard Platform, as well.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?