BulletTrain eXpress Keyboard Platform
If you’ve been reading iLounge + Mac recently, BulletTrain’s eXpress Keyboard Platform ($79) probably looks awfully familiar. Having featured the original aluminum version back in December, we were surprised to see a new version of the holder in Las Vegas at CES in January. This iteration starts with the same concept—hold Apple’s keyboard and Magic Trackpad together—but BulletTrain started over with new materials, and came up with an even more appealing product.
Instead of the aluminum of the first eXpress, this one is made of polycarbonate plastic, which offers several advantages. Chief among them is price: the base model is almost half the price of its metal-clad sibling. But it’s not just a cheaper product, it’s a better designed one as well: instead of relying on 3M Mounting Squares to hold the Wireless Keyboard in place, now both that and the Magic Trackpad snap in for a secure—and flush—fit. There are also now ten metallic colors, with silver starting at $79 and the others going for $99; BulletTrain has patterned up with MusicSkins.com to offer custom stickers for the Keyboard Platform, as well.
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?