Canon EOS-1D X
Although it may look almost identical to its predecessor, Canon’s EOS-1D X ($6,800) is a whole new beast for serious photographers. This DSLR replaces both the EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS-1D Mark IV in the company’s lineup: it’s a super powerful, professional grade camera designed to eliminate noise, shake, and other issues from your shots through a combination of three powerful DIGIC processors and an 18-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor.
Two of the processors are brand new, more powerful DIGIC 5+ units, while the third is a DIGIC 4 dedicated solely to metering and AF control. The combined hardware is so fast that the camera can automatically handle corrections that you’d otherwise have done in post. New EOS iTR (Intelligent Tracking and Recognition) AF options are designed to lock onto key moving subjects during weddings, events, and sports. A Multiple Exposure capability allows it to combine up to nine individual images into a single composite image—without a computer—a first for the EOS series. Plus, it’s darn fast, shooting at 14 fps at full 18-megapixel resolution. And like any self-respecting DSLR, it shoots full HD video too, with substantial under-the-hood improvements for superior HD quality, as well as support for video compression formats that preserve the detail in your images. What more could you ask for, besides the ability to buy it right now?
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?