Canon EOS-1D X
Although it may look almost identical to its predecessor, Canon’s EOS-1D X ($6,800) is a whole new beast for serious photographers. This DSLR replaces both the EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS-1D Mark IV in the company’s lineup: it’s a super powerful, professional grade camera designed to eliminate noise, shake, and other issues from your shots through a combination of three powerful DIGIC processors and an 18-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor.
Two of the processors are brand new, more powerful DIGIC 5+ units, while the third is a DIGIC 4 dedicated solely to metering and AF control. The combined hardware is so fast that the camera can automatically handle corrections that you’d otherwise have done in post. New EOS iTR (Intelligent Tracking and Recognition) AF options are designed to lock onto key moving subjects during weddings, events, and sports. A Multiple Exposure capability allows it to combine up to nine individual images into a single composite image—without a computer—a first for the EOS series. Plus, it’s darn fast, shooting at 14 fps at full 18-megapixel resolution. And like any self-respecting DSLR, it shoots full HD video too, with substantial under-the-hood improvements for superior HD quality, as well as support for video compression formats that preserve the detail in your images. What more could you ask for, besides the ability to buy it right now?
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?