Canon EOS-1D X
Although it may look almost identical to its predecessor, Canon’s EOS-1D X ($6,800) is a whole new beast for serious photographers. This DSLR replaces both the EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS-1D Mark IV in the company’s lineup: it’s a super powerful, professional grade camera designed to eliminate noise, shake, and other issues from your shots through a combination of three powerful DIGIC processors and an 18-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor.
Two of the processors are brand new, more powerful DIGIC 5+ units, while the third is a DIGIC 4 dedicated solely to metering and AF control. The combined hardware is so fast that the camera can automatically handle corrections that you’d otherwise have done in post. New EOS iTR (Intelligent Tracking and Recognition) AF options are designed to lock onto key moving subjects during weddings, events, and sports. A Multiple Exposure capability allows it to combine up to nine individual images into a single composite image—without a computer—a first for the EOS series. Plus, it’s darn fast, shooting at 14 fps at full 18-megapixel resolution. And like any self-respecting DSLR, it shoots full HD video too, with substantial under-the-hood improvements for superior HD quality, as well as support for video compression formats that preserve the detail in your images. What more could you ask for, besides the ability to buy it right now?
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?