Canon EOS 6D
Not to be outdone by Nikon’s announcement of its D600 last week, Canon is striking back with its own entry-level full-frame camera, at an even more aggressive price: the EOS 6D ($2,100-$2,900). Effectively a replacement for the 5D Mark II, this DSLR is sure to become a favorite among both prosumer photographers and professionals looking for a lower-cost second full-frame body. It’s slightly smaller than its predecessors, but still packs some serious hardware, including features not found in Canon’s more expensive models.
Only modestly reworked from the 5D Mark II and 5D Mark III, the EOS 6D has a newly-designed 20.2MP full-frame sensor and an ISO range of 100-25,600, plus room for expansion for low light shots. Even bigger are the addition of GPS and Wi-Fi, the former tagging your shots with location data, and the latter for wirelessly transferring your pictures to your Mac and syncing with the EOS Remote iPhone app for control—features that even the recently-released 5D Mark III doesn’t have built-in. Canon’s base price gives you just the body, while the more expensive package also includes a 24-105mm f/4 L lens, a good “walk-around” lens that’s in the upper middle of the company’s range for optical quality and zoom range.
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?