Canon EOS 6D
Not to be outdone by Nikon’s announcement of its D600 last week, Canon is striking back with its own entry-level full-frame camera, at an even more aggressive price: the EOS 6D ($2,100-$2,900). Effectively a replacement for the 5D Mark II, this DSLR is sure to become a favorite among both prosumer photographers and professionals looking for a lower-cost second full-frame body. It’s slightly smaller than its predecessors, but still packs some serious hardware, including features not found in Canon’s more expensive models.
Only modestly reworked from the 5D Mark II and 5D Mark III, the EOS 6D has a newly-designed 20.2MP full-frame sensor and an ISO range of 100-25,600, plus room for expansion for low light shots. Even bigger are the addition of GPS and Wi-Fi, the former tagging your shots with location data, and the latter for wirelessly transferring your pictures to your Mac and syncing with the EOS Remote iPhone app for control—features that even the recently-released 5D Mark III doesn’t have built-in. Canon’s base price gives you just the body, while the more expensive package also includes a 24-105mm f/4 L lens, a good “walk-around” lens that’s in the upper middle of the company’s range for optical quality and zoom range.
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?