Canon EOS 6D
Not to be outdone by Nikon’s announcement of its D600 last week, Canon is striking back with its own entry-level full-frame camera, at an even more aggressive price: the EOS 6D ($2,100-$2,900). Effectively a replacement for the 5D Mark II, this DSLR is sure to become a favorite among both prosumer photographers and professionals looking for a lower-cost second full-frame body. It’s slightly smaller than its predecessors, but still packs some serious hardware, including features not found in Canon’s more expensive models.
Only modestly reworked from the 5D Mark II and 5D Mark III, the EOS 6D has a newly-designed 20.2MP full-frame sensor and an ISO range of 100-25,600, plus room for expansion for low light shots. Even bigger are the addition of GPS and Wi-Fi, the former tagging your shots with location data, and the latter for wirelessly transferring your pictures to your Mac and syncing with the EOS Remote iPhone app for control—features that even the recently-released 5D Mark III doesn’t have built-in. Canon’s base price gives you just the body, while the more expensive package also includes a 24-105mm f/4 L lens, a good “walk-around” lens that’s in the upper middle of the company’s range for optical quality and zoom range.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today